|Order pick up||Drop in (no order)||Deliveries: where and when|
|Tuesday||12.00 pm - 5.00 pm||City, Inner West, South, Northern Beaches|
||10.00 am - 5.00 pm||1.00 pm - 4.00 pm||East|
||10.00 am - 6.00 pm||10.00 am - 4.00 pm||City, Inner West, West/North West, North Shore|
||10.00 am - 5.00 pm||10.00 am - 4.00 pm||City, East, Northern Beaches|
|Saturday||8.30 am - 12.30 pm||8.30 am - 12.30 pm||Spit deliveries only|
Please let us know if you want to pick up an order or drop in on spec outside these hours. Thank you.
* Pick up your Food Connect fruit and vegetable box from us on Thursdays from 4 pm.
ABOUT OUR PRODUCE
- With two exceptions, all our produce is sourced from NSW farms. We give preference to farmers growing rare breeds.
- All animals are pasture-raised and range free for all or the majority of their lives – no animals are raised in sheds.
- All pastures are chemical-free and sustainably managed using a variety of measures including rotational grazing and low stocking densities.
- All animals are hormone-free and don’t receive prophylactic antibiotics.
- All ruminants are grass fed and finished on pasture. (Nantucket farm also offers their animals sprouted and whole grains).
- About 70% of our producers are certified (free range, bio-dynamic or organic) and all operate in accordance with or beyond these standards. We know this because it’s part of our practice to visit all the farms from which we source.
- We don’t sell anything from farms we haven’t personally visited to verify all claims.
- We order directly from the farm and receive all our produce as whole bodies.
- We dry age onsite - we believe that the result is incomparable to meat that hasn’t been allowed to settle in carefully controlled conditions. We dry age for between three to six weeks.
- All produce arrives fresh (not frozen) and is cut and packed to order.
HOW TO ORDER
- Read THE LIST OF EVERYTHING to work out what you want to order.
- Click on the orange ‘ORDER NOW’ icon to place your order.
- Place your order by midday to receive it the following day. If you’re running late, send your order in anyway and we’ll do our best to fit you in.
- After you’ve ordered, you’ll receive a packing slip to confirm the order - please check this carefully.
- Our fresh poultry arrives each Wednesday. Poultry in orders delivered or picked up prior to 2 pm Wednesday
will either be frozen or will have a relatively short shelf life.
- In any given week we might have between two to four different breeds from different farms which means sizes vary.
- If you know the number of people you’re feeding, please tell us when you order so we give you the right sized cut.
- We’ll do our best to give you exactly what you’ve ordered. If we run out, we’ll give you the next best thing.
- If there’s nothing close we’ll get in touch and ask for instructions.
- If you don’t want us to use our discretion, please specify ‘NO SUBSTITUTIONS’ in your order!
- We only buy whole bodies and always request the offal but supply is unreliable. If you don’t see offal listed, please enquire.
- If you’re after something that’s not listed, chances are we can do it. Please enquire.
- We cut and pack to order and charge by weight.
- When your order is packed and ready to go we’ll know the final amount.
- Payment for delivery orders is by credit card only. We’ll request your details before we go ahead with your order.
- Payment for pick up orders is by credit card, EFTPOS or cash.
DELIVERY TO YOU
- New customer delivery orders are $50 minimum, free delivery within 10 km as the crow flies.
- Subsequent delivery orders are $80 minimum plus delivery.
- Delivery orders over $200 receive a discounted delivery charge.
- Please let us know if you need delivery beyond 20 km or on a day that doesn’t correspond with our delivery schedule
and we’ll organise for a contract courier to deliver.
PICKING UP FROM US AT MARRICKVILLE
- No limit for pick up orders: buy as much or as little as you wish.
- If you’re picking up, please give us a two-hour window so we can make sure your order is ready.
Dropping in without an order
We understand some people like to eyeball their produce prior to purchasing. During the week our fridge is well-stocked but please note that we are busy with orders. To ensure we can give you the attention you deserve, we’d appreciate you coming during the hours specified. If you need to come outside these hours, please call first.
On Saturdays, all the orders are out of the way and we’re at your service with a well-stocked fridge and one of our butchers standing by ready to cut to order.